Michigan Apprenticeships: The Other 4-Year Degree
The Partners who support this website recognize that our region is talent rich, and we want to simplify the process for attaining information about opportunities in the skilled trades. Whether you are a high school or community college student, a veteran, or someone in need of retraining, take a look at the various apprenticeship programs described here. We hope that today is the day you begin the process to help you land a career opportunity that works best for you.
- What do I like to do?
- What materials and equipment do I want to work with?
- What skills do I possess and want to build on?
- Where would I like to see myself in five years?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have reliable transportation
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Pass a physical examination and drug screening
- Take and pass a written aptitude test for reading and math
- Birth certificate, social security card and picture identification are required at the time of application