Scope of Work: Operating Engineers operate and maintain heavy and portable construction equipment. Work includes operation and maintenance of construction equipment, such as bulldozers, graders, cranes, scrapers, loaders, asphalt plants, rollers and pumps, etc., on all types of projects. The Operating Engineer is generally employed in the building of highways, airports, buildings, sewers, waterways and stadiums.
- High school diploma or GED and must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have reliable transportation
- Have a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Pass a physical examination and drug screening
- Take and pass a written aptitude test
Length of Program: A minimum of three years and 6,000 hours of classroom and hands-on training.
Operating Engineers Local 324
Journeyman & Apprentice Training Fund, Inc. (JATF)
275 E. Highland Road
Howell, MI 48843
(517) 546-9610 Fax: (517) 546-9793
Open Enrollment Dates:
Accepting applications from June 19 – June 23. Get Started Today